Ross Garcia, CDLP
Ross is a mortgage industry expert, innovator, and entrepreneur.
Ross has spent 10 years on the front-line of the mortgage industry, providing clients with high-impact mortgage solutions for any type of scenario. These solutions have led to the successful funding of over $500M during his tenure. On the issue of divorce, Ross strives to equip his clients with the hardened facts necessary to make informed decisions on how to properly divide real estate.
By co-founding Survive Divorce and Divorce Mortgage Advisors, Ross’ career has pivoted to fulfill his ultimate goal of being a lifeline for divorcees facing challenging real estate scenarios. He has a unique designation as a Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP).
While Ross is part of a select group of mortgage brokers with a divorce focused designation, he is one of the only brokers to have built a company around this segment of the market. In other words, Ross and his company live at the crossroads of divorce and real estate, thereby ensuring their clients the ultimate likelihood of successfully securing a mortgage during divorce.
Ross’ passion for uncovering results involving divorce real estate extends beyond his client interactions. He has dedicated his time to educating family law professionals around the state of California. Family law professionals seek opportunities to hear Ross discuss a variety of topics – from lender guidelines and criteria, to title and vesting considerations, in addition to a wide range of creative solutions aimed at optimizing their divorce settlement process.
Ross has also testified as an expert witness in cases involving disputes around marital real estate.
In addition to his role as a lead contributor for Survive Divorce and directing their home and mortgage resources, Ross is the founder of Divorce Mortgage Advisors, and Managing Partner at PREI Capital Group.
He graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a B.A in Business Economics.
Credentials and Licenses
Select Speaking Engagements
Ross has spoken on various divorce real estate topics at the following conferences and organizations:
- Association of Divorce Financial Planners
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- State Bar of California
- Collaborative Practice California
- Orange County Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Palo Alto Bar Association
- Santa Cruz County Bar Association
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
- Fresno County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Member, Forbes Finance Council.
- Member, National Association of Mortgage Brokers
- Associate Member, San Mateo County Bar Association
- Member – Divorceify
- Co-Founder, Survive Divorce, LLC, 2018 to present
- Founder & Broker, Divorce Mortgage Advisors, 2017 to present
- Managing Partner & Broker, PREI Capital Group, 2014 – present
- Private Mortgage Banker, Wells Fargo Private Bank, 2009 – 2014
B.A., Business Economics – University of California, Santa Barbara