If you’re getting a divorce, there are options to help you avoid costly legal battles and save time and money.
In fact, there are several online divorce services that will help you prepare all the paperwork and court forms at a very reasonable price. Some of these services are better than others.
In this guide, I’ll break down everything you need to know about GetDivorcePapers – the good, the bad, and the ugly.
If you’re considering using an online divorce service, do yourself a favor and read on.
Table of Contents:
What is GetDivorcePapers?
GetDivorcePapers is a budget-friendly divorce document preparation service.
Since launching in 2005, the site has been used and published in more than 60 different countries and has served more than 600,000 customers.
Besides offering a court approval guarantee, there’s also assistance available for calculating child support, developing a parenting plan, and putting an alimony agreement in place.
To ensure forms are accurate and relevant for each specific state, GetDivorcePapers also constantly upgrades forms as needed.
Like many other similar providers, GetDirvorcePapers boasts of a streamlined and straightforward process, saving you time, money, and aggravation. For most people, this means completing the entire process in an hour or less.
Sounds great, right? Now let’s get into the nitty-gritty details and see how GetDivorcePapers stacks up.
How GetDivorcePapers Works
As promised, overall, the process is simple. Divorce laws and paperwork vary from state to state, but GetDivorcePapers will direct you to the right forms based on where you live.
Here’s how the site’s process works:
- First, you’ll enter some initial information to create an account and verify that you qualify for an online divorce. Keep in mind that online divorce services only work for an uncontested divorce.
- Answer questions related to your marriage and impending divorce. Once you create an account, you can answer all the interview questions at your own pace.
- Read over your divorce paperwork to ensure that the information you provided is accurate.
- After you pay, you can print your forms and be ready to file with your local court. If you find any errors after the fact, you can make changes, print the documents out again, and refile at no added cost.
How Much Does GetDivorcePapers Cost?
If cost is a consideration, then GetDivorcePapers should be very appealing to you. The cost for the service is $139, which is equal to the lowest in the industry. That price also includes several benefits.
You can also pay a little more and sign up for an ongoing subscription for $34.99 per month.
This extended subscription service lets you make changes and store your divorce documents indefinitely. It also comes with access to thousands of other legal forms you can use any time.
There is also a 100% approval acceptance guarantee, so you’re protected in case your local court initially rejects your forms.
The reviews on GetDivorePapers are mixed at best.
If you check the GetDivorcePapers site, you’ll find glowing reviews. Users rate GetDivorcePapers a 4.8 out of 5 stars based on more than 281,000 reviews.
That’s all well and good, but that’s not the end of the story. The reviews on third party sites are far less favorable. Take this one, for example.
The site’s parent company, SS Solutions, has been slapped with an F rating by the Better Business Bureau for poor customer service, incompetence, and a lack of transparent communication.
I don’t know about you, but I’m not interested in forking over my hard-earned dollars with so many complaints circling around.3StepDivorce is our top top choice for a DIY online divorce.
Pros and Cons of online divorce with GetDivorcePapers
- An easy-to-use eligibility determination process
- Comprehensive filing instructions specific for your state
- Instructions on how to serve your spouse
- Help calculating child support and alimony
- Help with creating a parenting plan
- Free name change application
- Instant access to completed forms
- Unlimited live chat, telephone, and customer service support, including caseworkers available to help you after hours to make your process as quick and painless as possible.
- Free edits to your data online
- Unlimited revisions to your forms
- 100% court approval money-back guarantee. If the court denies your forms, changes are made free, or you are issued a refund.
- It is protected by VeriSign, the leader of secure encryption technology.
- The site does not provide legal advice, only assistance in completing forms
- Purchasing forms does not result in an attorney-client relationship
- This service is not for everyone. For complex legal matters about divorces, it is strongly suggested to get legal advice and representation.
- The site produces documents without any implied or express warranty as to their performance or the results of their use, except that users are given a guarantee that the courts find the documents purchased from it valid for their intended purposes.
- You still have to pay the filing fees for your jurisdiction, which can run an additional $100 to $400 depending on where you live.
- If you enter into an uncontested divorce, but you and your spouse end up disagreeing, you’ll need to possibly retain an attorney because this service works only for uncontested divorces
Who Should Use GetDivorcePapers?
In a nutshell: No one. While GetDivorcePapers is one of the cheapest options on the market, the bottom line is there are better alternatives available.
What is the Best Online Divorce Service?
GetDivorcePapers falls short of my top pick. Enter: 3StepDivorce. Here’s why I recommend 3stepdivorce over all others.
- The questions are straightforward and easy to navigate
- The forms are easy to access and print and you can make changes at any time
- Great value and easy to use interface
- Helpful guide and resources
- FREE divorce negotiation platform to help you reach agreement with your spouse
Just check out their reviews on Trustpilot.
Perhaps most importantly, 92% of all reviews are 4-star or 5-star reviews. Add all these things together and it’s easy to see why I recommend 3StepDivorce.
How long has GetDivorcePapers been in business?
The site has operated for 14 years and claims to have successfully served more than 600,000 clients.
What is the 100% Court Acceptance Guarantee?
The 100% acceptance guarantee means that forms prepared by the site are acceptable by your local court as long as you follow the instructions provided correctly. In cases where the documents prepared by the site are not accepted in your court, the site always must make changes per your court’s requirement without further charges. In rare circumstances, if the forms can’t be corrected, the full amount is refunded.
What if I need additional legal assistance?
GetDivorcePapers can’t give you legal advice, but the site has partnered with a live lawyer service that they will direct you to if you need help. The Live Lawyer service puts you into direct contact with an attorney in your state so that you can have your legal questions answered.
Is my sensitive data safe?
GetDivorcePapers houses each customer’s data in a highly secure server protected by secure encryption technology. The information is only used in administration and maintaining the site. It is never released for any commercial or other purposes.
How do I contact GetDivorcePapers?
Contact the site either by completing a contact form online or by calling 1-855-865-1218.
GetDivorcePapers is located at:
USA-501 Silverside Rd 105
You can also send an email to info@Getdivorcepapers.com.
Listed hours of operation are M-F, 6 am to 8 pm (PST), and Saturday 8 am to 5 pm.
The Final Verdict
Using an online divorce service can be a great way to save time and money vs. a traditional litigated divorce.
And while GetDivorcePapers is priced competitively, there are plenty of better alternatives.
When it comes to online divorce platforms, 3StepDivorce stands out from the crowd.
- Hello Divorce